The mission of the Cherokee County School District’s After School Program (ASP) is to strive to establish a safe and caring environment for students that allows opportunity for individual and social growth with a minimum of formal structure. Children engage in activities that encourage creativity, social relationships, appropriate behavior and a positive self-image.
GOAL OF PROGRAM
The After School Program of Cherokee County School District is designed to provide:
• After school care for students who would otherwise be home alone in an unsupervised situation
• After school care for students whose parents work and need the assurance that their children are in a caring, safe environment
• After school enrichment opportunities for elementary-age students.
Beginning in 2023-24, parents must schedule for ASP in advance, by 11:59 pm on Sunday for the coming week. This will allow for adequate staffing of the program. ASP usage needed after the weekly deadline is considered "drop-in" or emergency care and will be charged accordingly.
2023-24 FEE SCHEDULE:
|Weekly Rate||$12/day (must pay full week at first time of purchase)|
|Daily Rate||$15/day (if paying for individual days of the week)|
|Drop-in Rate||$20/day (registration after 11:59 pm Sunday for the coming week)|
|Late Pick Up (after 6 pm)||$15/15 minutes, per child|
ONLINE REGISTRATION AND CREDIT CARD PAYMENT: https://ccsd.graystep.com
NEW FOR 2023-24: IMPORTANT CHANGES TO THE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
In an effort to provide your child with the best possible experience in the After School Program (ASP) while also keep staffing costs manageable, we are making some procedural changes that will allow us to know in advance how many students we can expect in the Program each day. Previously, parents could sign up for ASP up until 10:00 a.m. on the day they wanted their child to attend, which made scheduling the correct number of ASP workers difficult (and as a result, led to turnover in ASP staff as some sought more reliable hours/schedules elsewhere).
To address this issue, we are implementing a new enrollment and payment system that we believe will improve the program. Beginning with the 2023-24 school year, please be prepared to schedule your student for ASP in advance, in one of two ways:
1. Schedule online and pay by credit or debit card. Access the link below, select the week or specific days you would like your child to attend, then pay with either a credit or debit card. Please know that a convenience fee of 3.85% will be applied at check-out. https://ccsd.graystep.com
2. Schedule with your child’s teacher or school front office and pay by check or cash using the designated ASP envelope. You will be required to pay at that time for the upcoming days or week. Please remember to schedule/send payment to meet the 11:59 pm Sunday deadline each week-- this may mean sending payment to school on each Friday.
In emergency situations, parents can still sign up for ASP up until 10:00 a.m. on the day they need their child to attend by contacting the school front office. Please note, the “Drop In Rate” ($20 per day) will apply.
Fee Schedules, Payments and Refunds
- ASP is a PREPAID program.
- Parents must pre-designate and pre-pay for ASP participation by the week (i.e., “everyday”, “M/W/F”). This is done for the safety of students by pre-determining staff coverage needs, as well as ensuring that students that should stay in ASP do not board the bus and go home to an unsupervised situation.
- ASP tuition is $12 per day if used daily, $15 per day if used less than a full week. Tuition must be paid in advance. Money or notification of participation received after the designated time/weekday will cause the student to be considered as a drop-in and parents will be charged $20 for that day.
- Checks must be made payable to the school for the exact amount and include only ASP payments.
- Breakfast and/or lunch money must not be included with the ASP payment.
- Parents will be notified of any returned checks. Permission will be obtained from the parent for re-depositing the returned check. If a check is returned for non-sufficient funds a second time, future payment will be on a “cash-only” basis.
- For purposes of personal income tax credits, parents are responsible for retaining all receipts.
- “Drop-ins” are defined as students who are registered after the Sunday prior to the ASP date.
- Credits for prepaid ASP dates will not be issued due to the fact staff have been scheduled based on projected enrollment.
- For more information, see the CCSD ASP Page: https://www.cherokeek12.net/quick-links/asp
ASP Parent Information
Welcome to our school’s After-School Program! In order to ensure each family has a working description of this year’s ASP program, all parents/legal guardians with students participating in ASP are required to read and sign for the ASP Parent Information Letter.